Passions in the Hollywood community do not subside to this day, especially when the court’s fate touched another famous actor.
Kevin Spacey has been released on unconditional bail after appearing in London’s Westminster Magistrates’ Court today for a preliminary hearing.
The reason for a kind of “trip” was the allegations of sexual abuse he allegedly committed during his work as artistic director of the local theater Old Vic from 2004 to 2015.
On Tuesday, Spacey, 62, was charged with four counts of harassment situations and that he forced one person to enter into sexual intercourse with penetration without their actual consent.
During the half-hour hearing, the actor sat in a glass-enclosed room and gave his full name (in case you didn’t know, his name is Kevin Spacey Fowler), as well as his date of birth and address in London.
So far, however, things are not as bad as they could be. Deputy Chief Magistrate Tan Ikram has released the screen star on unconditional bail until the next court hearing, which is scheduled for July 14.
Police questioned the two-time Oscar winner in 2019 over claims by several men who the horny actor harmed. Four alleged incidents occurred in London between March 2005 and August 2008, and one in Gloucestershire in April 2013.
As you remember, the Crown Prosecution Service approved the charges against the actor last month,
“The Crown Prosecution Service reminds all concerned that the prosecution of Mr. Spacey is active and that he is entitled to a fair trial,” Rosemary Ainsley, head of the Crown Prosecution Service’s Special Crime Squad, said in a statement.
Last month, Kevin announced plans to “voluntarily appear” in a UK court to defend himself against allegations that it’s not hard to imagine he would deny in court.
“While I am disappointed with their decision to move on, I will voluntarily report to the UK as soon as possible and defend myself against these allegations, which I am confident will prove my innocence,” Spacey said in a statement.