As you might have heard by now, Prince Philip was admitted to the hospital earlier this week and now, one insider report claims to know that he will remain there for a little longer. That being said, however, the source also mentioned that, in spite of his health issues, the 99 year old royal remains in high spirits!
The source told ET that, after a thorough doctor’s consultation, Queen Elizabeth’s husband ‘is likely to remain in the hospital for observation and rest over the weekend and into next week. The doctor’s acting with an abundance of caution. The Duke remains in good spirits.’
Prince Philip was taken to King Edward VII Hospital in London earlier this week after experiencing some health issues.
Buckingham Palace released a statement about it at the time, telling the public that the hospital visit was ‘a precautionary measure’ recommended by the medics after the man expressed not feeling well.
Another royal insider also shared via ET at the time that he was taken by car to the hospital and not rushed in as an emergency.
In fact, he walked into the hospital without any assistance.
The same source also noted that he most likely does not suffer from COVID-19 since Prince Philip has actually already been administered the vaccine along with the Queen last month.
This information was also publicly shared in order to avoid any misinformation on the matter.
This update comes the very same day that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle also confirmed they are officially out of the royal family, following their one year long trial period living on their own.
That being said, on Friday, Buckingham Palace issued a statement that reads: ‘The honorary military appointments and the royal patronages held by the duke and duchess will be returned to Her Majesty, before being redistributed among working members of the royal family. While all are saddened by this decision, the duke and duchess still remain much loved members of the family.’